Top 5 Best Curling Iron For Fine Hair 2019 – Reviews & Top Picks
"Best curling iron for fine hair". Our hair is our crowning glory, and that is why we spend most of our time styling it. Sadly though, the different types of hair are not created equal. The fine hair, for instance, is quite a bit tricky to style.
The biggest complaint of women with fine hair is that their hair is not able to hold curls for a long time. And that’s the reason why they would usually settle with boring, stiff and straight hair. Well, I have good news for you—there’s a way on how you can properly style and curl your hair!
All you have to do is to look for the best curling iron for fine hair. And that is what this article is all about!
Best Curling Iron For Fine Hair Reviews
Now that you are already familiar with the qualities that the best curling iron for fine hair has, let us go to the exciting part—the product evaluation section. Below, I have provided the information you need to know about them—their features along with their pros and cons.
The Xtava Satin Wave curling iron is known for its interchangeable barrels. The wand kit includes 5 barrel types (clipless and with clip) of different sizes, all of which are made of ceramic tourmaline technology. It also features 22 different heat settings to suit different hairstyles.
And just like the Xtava Twist curling iron, the Satin Wave offers smart functions like quick heating technology, long swivel cord, and a 60-minute auto shut-off function. It comes with a heat resistant glove for safety.
The features that make it travel-friendly are its dual voltage function and travel zip case.
- Travel-friendly due to its dual voltage function and travel zip case
- 5 interchangeable barrel types that will allow you to achieve long lasting curl of different sizes for fine hair
- 22 different heat settings to provide regulated temperature for fine hair
- Ergonomic due to its long swivel cord and quick heating technology
- Safe to use as it comes with a heat-resistant glove
- No cool touch tip
- Tends to get very hot
With its 1-1.5 inch barrel size, the Xtava Twist Curling Wand is perfect for creating voluminous and larger curls that are enough for a fine hair to handle. It utilizes the tourmaline and ionic ceramic technology to provide women with curls that are silky smooth and frizz-free.
To protect the hair, the wand prevents over and under heating with the use of a self-regulating ceramic PTC heater. With its temperature control function and 22 different heat settings to choose from, you can control the type and temperature of heat that your hair will receive.
For safety and ease of use, the wand offers a few smart functions including LCD digital display, cool tip, 60-minute auto shut-off feature and a 360-degree swivel cord. It is also travel-friendly as it will automatically adjust to the right voltage when you use it with an adapter.
The wand also comes with a zip travel case and heat resistant gloves.
- Perfect barrel size for curling fine hair
- Tourmaline and ionic ceramic technology to prevent fine hair from being frizzy
- Self-regulating PTC heater to prevent overheating of fine hair
- 22 different heat settings for customized heating
- 360-degree swivel cord, cool tip and LCD digital display for ease of use
- Heat resistant gloves for safety
- Comes with a Zip travel case
- Irregular barrel shape creates weird-looking curls
- LCD dims when in use
Made by a well-trusted hair tool company, the BabyBliss Pro Curling Iron is made of high-quality nano titanium material that can protect the hair from too much heat. Just like most of the curling wands in this list, the BabyBliss Pro has an LCD display monitor. The barrel size ranges from 1 inch to 1.25 inches to create the perfect curly waves.
What separates this curling iron from the rest is its ultra sleek and thin design that makes it easy to store and handle. In addition to that, it is also lightweight making it quite portable.
- Nano Titanium technology produces ions that reduce frizz for fine hair
- 1-1.25 inch barrel size that is perfect for fine hair
- LCD Display Monitor
- Ultra sleek and ultra-thin design for easy handling and storage
- Lightweight for portability
- Clamp is a bit loose
- No protective glove or cool tip
Featuring a 24K gold-plated barrel, the Hot Tools Professional 1181 is one of the most stylish curling irons in the market. The curling iron has a heavy duty round barrel with a clip, a soft grip handle, and an 8 ft swivel cord.
More than that, it has an extra-long cool tip and foldaway stand to prevent possible accidents. It is also embedded with a life-long heating element to ensure its durability.
The wand produces 85 watts of power for fast and easy heating and has 10 heat settings. With separate on and off switch, it permits the rheostat control to record your preferred heat settings.
- Fast heat up
- Stylish barrel
- Soft grip handle for comfort
- 8 ft swivel heavy duty cord for a longer cord life
- Foldaway stand and Extra long cool tip for safety
- 10 heat settings that allows you to choose the best temperature for fine hair
- No auto shut off feature
- Clamp is a bit heavy
Featuring a pearl ceramic technology, the Olaxer EB201 curling wand has more ceramic coating than most curling wands, meaning it is a lot harder, smoother and more durable. Its Nano Ceramic technology ensures that your hair will remain frizz-free.
It also offers easy temperature control so it can provide heat that is suitable for your needs. There is an LCD monitor that will ensure that you are using the right temperature. Another amazing thing about this wand is it heats up within just 30 seconds so you can get gorgeous curls fast.
The size of the barrel ranges from 1 to 1.5 inches, allowing you to enjoy curls of various sizes. It also comes with a 30-min auto shut off function for your peace of mind. Last but not the least, it has a swivel cord for ease of use.
- More durable, smoother and harder plate
- Nano ceramic technology to minimize the chances of frizzing for fine hair
- LCD display monitor
- Heats up within 30 seconds
- 30-minute auto shut-off for safety
- 1-1.5 inch barrel that is ideal for fine hair types
- Swivel cord for ease of use
- Not clipless
- No styling glove
How To Choose A Curling Iron For Fine Hair
In addition to looking for ways on how to make curls stay longer, it is a must that you also use a curling iron specially designed for fine hair due to plenty of reasons. To begin with, fine hair is fragile, and the continued use of high temperature can result to split ends and crunchy texture of the hair, so you will need a curling iron that will not do much damage to your hair.
In addition to that, the popular curling irons that we have nowadays have barrels that are too wide for your fine hair. With that in mind, here are some of the criteria that you need to look for in a good curling iron for fine hair:
1. Plate Material
In general, curling irons are made from titanium, metal, Teflon, ceramic and tourmaline materials. Among these materials, the tourmaline and ceramic materials are recommended because they release negative ions that seal the shaft of the hair, ensuring a smoother, sleeker and frizz-free hair.
2. Barrel Size
The best barrel size for fine hair ranges from 1 inch to 1.5 inches. If you wish to achieve beach waves, the 1-inch barrel would be perfect for you while a 1.25 to the 1.5-inch barrel is ideal for larger and looser waves.
3. Temperature Settings
It is a must that your curling iron comes with different temperature settings so you can customize the heat that your hair receives. The best styling temperature for fine hair would be around 160 degrees.
But be reminded that you should use a temperature much lower than that when styling the part of the hair that is nearest to your face.
4. Extra Features
Today, the curling wands come with various features for safety and ease of use. Here are some of them:
- Clipless feature: This feature will ensure that your hair will not be clipped for too long, minimizing the risks of damage.
- LED Display Monitor: With this feature, you are assured that you are using the right temperature for your hair.
- Self-regulating Feature: This feature will prevent overheating or under heating of hair.
- Protective glove: This will protect your hands from the heat and will prevent burns.