5 Of The Best Facial Steamer 2019: All You Need To Know
"Best facial steamer". Skincare is high up on our list of priorities these days, and it’s no wonder when you consider just how much importance we place on our appearance.
From turning back the ticking clock of ageing, to helping to get rid of skin complaints, such as blemishes and acne, we are always on the lookout for a product which is going to tick all the boxes it needs to tick, not cost us the earth, whilst also helping us look our own radiant and beautiful selves, whether male or female!
With all of this in mind, you are possibly a regular attendee at your nearest spa or health centre, but what if you can’t afford the monthly, or even fortnightly treatments? You do it all at home, that’s why!
The best facial steamer products are high quality, easy to use, and they are not all super-costly either. We are going to help you find the best one for your needs, as well as talking a little about how to use them, what to look for, and checking out a few facial steamer reviews too.
Top 5 Best Facial Steamer Reviews 2019
This is another best seller product, which makes it one of the best facial steamer choices on the market. The cost is yet again low, which means this is a product you can have in your skincare regime, without breaking the bank.
- Comes with a free steel skin set to make cleaning easier
- Delivers nano-ionic steam quickly and is shown to be 10 times more effective at skin absorption than regular steam
- Can be used as a household humidifier
- Can also be used as a towel heater
- Larger water tank (200ml), which means you can use the machine for longer (up to 30 minutes)
- If you’re looking for a very basic machine, perhaps as your first investment, this particular option may have a few too many extras than you really need, and could therefore be false investment for you
This is another of the slightly higher priced products on our list, but it does have extra functions and quality, which more than makes up for it. The design is attractive, compact, and lightweight, and it comes in two choices of colors.
- Directed nozzle helps to spray the steam exactly where you need it
- Nano steam penetrates the skin easier and faster
- 4 in 1 design, including being used as a humidifier, and an included makeup mirror!
- 80ml sized water tank means the machine can work for around 15 minutes
- Timer and auto shut off, for safety and convenience
- Whilst the water tank is large enough, some other products do have a larger capacity, which means the extra cost may not be worth it in that regard
This particular product might be slightly more expensive, but it is certainly a luxurious choice, and it really looks the part too! Yet again, you only have to check facial steamer reviews to find that this one comes up trumps time and time again, and that gives you major confidence in your purchase.
- Sauna and spa standard product
- Ozone nanocare technology to help extract blackheads quicker
- Nano iconic steam helps to penetrate the skin faster
- Large water tank – 90ml, so you can use the machine for longer
- Effective timer to help you in your treatment
- Quiet operation
- Included UV lamp to further clean the skin of dirt and grime
- A slightly higher price, thanks to the extras included in the product, and this could price out first time users
For quick cleansing and total moisturization, this is a great option to go for. The big named brand gives you that confidence you need, and the cost is relatively low too, which makes it accessible for all.
- Extremely fine nano hot steam is delivered within seconds, which is shown to be much more easily absorbed through the skin
- Can also be used as a humidifier within the house
- A large amount of steam is delivered quite quickly, which gives you a faster treatment
- Attractive and lightweight design
- Some reviews state that the design doesn’t feel that strong, so if you’re considering moving it around often, e.g. for travel, you might need to look for a sturdier design
If you check facial steamer reviews, you will see that this particular product comes up very highly rated time and time again. The price is low enough to be a great value investment, and the design is lightweight enough to move around easily.
- Quick start steam is delivered within 30 seconds
- Quiet operation
- Ultra-fine steam mist, which is easily absorbed into the skin
- Can be used as a household humidifier
- Comes with free acne treatment gift
- The product is quite large and a little heavier than some of the other products on the list, so again, if you’re wanting to move it around, this could be an issue in terms of transportation
What Is A Facial Steamer?
A facial steamer is pretty much what it says on the tin; it is a machine which exposes your skin to steam, via hot water – don’t worry, the hot water doesn’t make any contact with your skin!
The steam then helps to open the pores and allows grime, dirt, bacteria, and oil to rise up to the top of your skin. From there, you simply wash it all away and you’re left with a clean, clear, and radiant complexion.
Facial steaming is particularly useful for those who have oily skin, and for those who suffer from acne. There is also a lot of research to suggest that regular facial steaming treatments can help with the fine lines and wrinkles which come with aging, although it’s worth noting that this is not going to get rid of them completely!
It is also suggested that regular steaming for those who do suffer from acne can help stop break-outs from occurring, because the bacteria which causes the condition doesn’t have the time to fester and cause the symptoms.
Put simply, facial steaming is a form of deep cleansing for your skin, and not only is it beneficial beauty and health wise, but it will help you feel fresh as a daisy after the treatment.
Check out this video for a quick visual overview.
How To Use A Facial Steamer
The best facial steamer for your cash is going to be one which has the added extras you need for your particular circumstances. Having said that, how to use each machine differs slightly, depending on the product you opt for. Some of the highest priced products have extra functions, and these need to be learnt via the manufacturer’s instructions.
Overall however, in order to use a facial steamer, you should cleanse your face thoroughly beforehand. You might think this is defeating the object, but this means that you are going to be concentrating on dirt and grime which is embedded or deep down, rather than superficial dirt which can easily be removed with general cleansing, and therefore reap the benefits.
The best facial steamers are all very easy to use, and whilst some do come with those extras we mentioned, such as dermabrasion sponges or special cleansing tools, the most basic version will simply require you to fill up the reservoir with water, and switch it on, to allow it to heat up and produce the steam you need.
The best options will have a timer on them, so you don’t have to worry about how long you’re steaming your face for – a few minutes is enough for a quick steam treatment, but if you want a longer, deeper cleanse, you can go up to 20 minutes.
If you want to really add in some extra luxury, how about adding a drop or two of your favourite essential oil into the water? This will help you with your skin, and it will give you a much more relaxing and pleasant treatment overall.
Check out this video to help you understand the process in a little more details.
What To Look For When Buying A Facial Steamer
So, now we know what a facial steamer is, and we have discussed briefly how to use one, to give you an overview of the equipment, we now need to know what to look for when purchasing one.
Obviously you should stick to your budget when purchasing the best facial steamer for your needs, but do bear in mind that prices can get higher when you’re looking towards top brands and those with extras. Overall however, this type of machine is not going to break the bank generally anyway.
2. Brand Name
Confidence comes with purchasing from a brand you can trust, so this may be something you should consider when shopping around.
Always check reviews from previous customers before you make a purchase. There are so many facial steamers on the market, it’s important to find the best one for you, and reviews will help you find out the truth behind the marketing speech.
Most products do have a timer, but do check this out, as it makes the whole process much easier, as well as being much safer too. There may also be an auto shut off function, which is an added bonus to have.
5. Added Extras
Are the extras important to you? If so, you should look for a product which comes with a few extra products, such as dermabrasion sponges, cleaning products, mirrors, etc.
6. Can The Machine Be Used As A Humidifier
Many facial steamers double up as a household humidifier during the hotter weather, and this is something you might like look into.
7. The Size Of The Water Tank
If you want to use the machine for longer, you need a large water tank capacity. Around 80ml is standard, and this means that you can use the steamer for up to 15 minutes continuously. If however you want to use it for longer, a larger tank is going to be required.
And The Winner Is …
We now need to crown our winner and deliver the title of best facial steamer. Whilst all of the products on our list are fantastic in their own right, one does stand out slightly above the rest, mainly for the sheer size of the included water tank, meaning you can use the steamer for longer than the other choices we have reviewed. Our winner is therefore the NanoSteamer Large 3 in 1 Nano Iconic Facial Steamer with Precise Temp Control. It is certainly one of the best in terms of quality, and also in terms of how long you can use the machine continuously.
Those who want added extras however should certainly look towards our final review on the list, the OKACHI GLIYA Large 4 in 1 Nano Iconic Facial Steamer, with an included makeup mirror and directed nozzle. The design of this particular product is lightweight enough to be used on the go, and again, the included mirror makes this option even more travel-friendly.
Most of these products double up as household humidifiers during warmer weather, and this is certainly a major benefit which you should look for if you are considering checking out other products, which we haven’t included in our reviews.
Overall however, a facial steamer is a fantastic addition to your skincare and beauty regime, and whether you are male or female, an acne sufferer or otherwise, the ability to deeply clean your skin on a regular basis will help you hold back that ticking clock of aging for much longer, and keep any potential dirt or infection issues (acne) at bay.
We hope you enjoyed the article! If you have any more reviews on the "best facial steamer", then do comment down below. We would love to hear what you have to think.