The Best Fogless Shower Mirror 2019: Our Top 5 Picks
"Best fogless shower mirror". The bathroom is where we do all our beautifying and maintenance, and in order to show ourselves in the best possible way. We need the best tools for the job! If you’re working with sub-standard gear, how are you supposed to create the best version of yourself?
Put simply, you can’t.
One of the most important parts of your bathroom kit is, of course, your mirror. When it is constantly fogging up and smearing. How can you see to have a shave or pluck your eyebrows?
For that reason, you need to find the best fogless shower mirror for your needs.
Top 5 Best Fogless Shower Mirror Reviews
This NewHome fogless shower mirror is certainly one of the best shower mirror products on the market because it is so flexible. You can choose between several different sizes, and I found that to be a major advantage. This is a fixed water heated mirror, so it works with your shower.
- The fact this mirror is available in four different sizes (12x12, 16x16, 12x24, 18x18) gives it extra flexibility for all different bathroom walls.
- This is a fixed water heated mirror, so that means it is connected to your shower and hot water flows down the back of the surface, to prevent condensation. I like this type of mechanism because it cuts out the need to fill up any reservoirs or pre-treat the mirror from time to time.
- This is a very attractive looking product, and certainly one of the best shower mirror options for its performance and appearance.
- You can power the mirror by either using the same outlet as your shower or fan, or you can have it working from a separate outlet entirely.
- As this is a water heated mirror, you should expect to pay more than some of the other products on our list. This isn’t a downside if you are prepared to pay for quality however.
- You will need to install the mirror, so it isn’t simply a case of opening the box and away you go.
The JiBen Fogless Shower Mirror is a low cost option for anyone who doesn’t want to have to plumb the mirror into the shower, and who doesn’t want to have to top up the reservoir before a shower. This could be one of the best shower mirror options for those on a budget.
- I found this particular shower mirror to be one of the easiest to use, because the 360 degree rotating arm makes it easy to move the mirror around, according to your needs, and this was a very useful extra. If you aren’t so tall, or you are tall, then the arm is also adjustable, so you can make it a bespoke bathroom accessory.
- No need to fill up a water reservoir or plumb into your shower, as the mirror is pre-treated to prevent condensation being an issue during your shower or beautifying efforts. This means the mirror is also ready for use the moment you take it out of the box.
- This mirror is a very attractive one when you remove it from the box, as it looks professional and sleek – for the price, this is a fantastic advantage.
- There is a holder for a razor attached to the mirror, so no need to go hunting around before you start your shave!
- From personal experience, a suction cup isn’t the strongest way to hold anything to a bathroom wall, and this particular mirror does come with suction cups to hold it in place. If you can manage to attach them firmly from the get-go, you shouldn’t have any issues.
The Brookstone Fogless Shower Mirror is a portable water heated mirror, so it relies on heat to keep the mirror fogless. The mirror works with batteries (4 x AA) in order to keep the mirror free of condensation.
- I found this particular product to be one of the best fogless shower mirror options because it is low cost, but it is also high performance. The mirror works with 4 x AA batteries, which aren’t included, and this works to heat the surface to keep the fog away. This is an advantage because you don’t need to pre-treat the surface from time to time.
- The mirror is made of polished stainless steel, and that looks very attractive on a bathroom wall or shower wall! The mirror is also proven to be shatter-proof.
- I like the fact that you can move this mirror around from time to time, to suit your needs, as it attaches and detaches to any smooth surface with ease.
- The 5 minute auto-shut off feature also gives peace of mind.
- The fact you need to fill up the water reservoir before having a shower could be a time-consuming effort if you are busy and simply need to shower and go.
- The mirror is lightweight, but it isn’t the lightest on the market, at 2.1lb – this could pose a problem if your walls are not entirely flat.
This is another portable water heated mirror, and therefore it is powered by a reservoir of water that you fill up before your shower, that works to keep the surface condensation and fog free.
- I found this to be one of the best fogless shower mirror options for its ease of use – yes, you do need to fill up the reservoir, but it is very high quality from that point onwards, with no need to plumb it into your shower.
- Choose between silver or white, to compliment your current bathroom décor.
- The mirror fixes to your wall with silicone adhesive and double sided tape, which is a major advantage over suction cups, which lose their power over time.
- There is a shelf attached to the mirror, so you can store small things which you may otherwise lose, e.g. tweezers.
- You might see this as a pro or a con, but you will need to actually fill up the reservoir before your shower, and that obviously takes time.
- Not as lightweight as some other products on our list, but certainly not the heaviest, at 13.4oz.
The second product by ToiletTree on our list is a slightly more upmarket version compared to the last one, but it is still a portable water heated version, and still middle of the road in terms of cost, making it an affordable choice when looking for the best shower mirror for your needs.
- This product is around 20% larger than the other ToiletTree fog-free mirrors in the range, so that gives you extra space to see what you are doing when shaving or tweezing.
- The water chamber is very easy to reach when filling it up pre-shower, to cut down on hassle before you get in.
- Again, the mirror attaches to the wall with silicone adhesive, cutting out the need to use silicone cups, which can be unreliable when attempting to hold a heavier type of mirror or item.
- There aren’t a lot of downsides to this product, but the main one really is the time to fill up the reservoir before showering. If you prefer to shower and go, then a fixed water heated mirror might be better, but if you are low on budget, this one is certainly next in line.
How To Choose The Best Fogless Shower Mirror
To find the best product, you need to look at a certain number of important criteria. It’s no good just jumping at the first product that looks like it might have a few good reviews online, because how do you know this suits your needs?
The best shower mirror needs to fit your wall, it needs to have certain elements which make it stand out from every other product you come across, and it of course needs to be within your budget too.
On the whole, however, the best fogless shower mirror will add a sense of space to your room, making it the ideal choice for a smaller bathroom. This is because a mirror obviously reflects the light and gives the illusion of bigger measurements.
Your bathroom will also have a warmer feel to it too. If you want to add even more space or a different kind of feel to your bathroom, you could have more than one mirror, perhaps one on each wall.
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of A Fogless Shower Mirror?
The main advantage really is in the name – it stays fog-free and allows you to see what you are doing, even when the room becomes a little on the warm and steamy side. Having the vision to really see what you are doing means that you can do whatever you need to do without error.
For example, if you are plucking your eyebrows, you don’t need condensation coming into play, because one wrong move and you could be left with a rather noticeable gap!
Another advantage is the cost, because provided you shop around, you can find some fantastic fog-free bathroom mirrors for very little cost. Obviously, a fog free mirror also differs from a standard wooden or steel mirror because it is built to last, and that is something you want when you are investing any amount of cash in a product.
Put simply, the best fogless shower mirror will allow you to see very clearly, no matter what it is you’re trying to do, and it will also keep your mirror clean, because you’re not constantly trying to defog the mirror and clear it with a towel. You will no doubt have done this in the past and seen what a mess it makes of the glass!
Warm air is also kept in the bathroom because a fogless mirror requires heat to keep it in its fogless state, and you can also say that you won’t spend as much time trying to get ready in the morning, because you don’t have to wait for the mirror to become clear.
Of course, there are downsides to everything in life and in this case it is that you can’t find fogless shower mirror as easily as you can standard mirrors, and you may struggle to find the bespoke fit that you want. That doesn’t mean that you can’t simply adapt to your space however, but it is a consideration you need to think about before any money parts hands.
How Do Fogless Shower Mirrors Work?
In order to find the best fogless shower mirror for your needs. You really need to know how they work because there are a few different types to choose from.
Fixed water heated mirrors – These types of fogless mirrors work by hot water running from the shower to the mirror, and it runs down the back of the glass, therefore preventing condensation and fog from forming. This is a constant stream of water whilst the shower is running and is therefore the best quality solution.
Portable water heated mirrors – This type of mirror is very similar to the one we just talked about but instead of it being a constant flow of water whilst the shower is running. It is more on and off, and it is powered by a small section of water, which is collected before you turn the shower on – you basically need to fill it up before you want to use it.
Pre-treated mirrors – This type of mirror is perhaps the easiest to use because it doesn’t require any plumbing or re-filling. The mirror is simply pre-treated with a chemical which coats the surface and therefore prevents condensation from forming – voila! A fog-free mirror!
It’s important that you pick the right type of fog-free mirror to suit your bathroom requirements. If you don’t have the time to fill up the water reservoir of a portable water heated mirror then perhaps you should think about the constant plumbing of a fixed water heated mirror. On the other hand, if cash is short, a pre-treated mirror could be the answer, but is it as effective?