Finding The Best Hair Straightening Cream On 2019
You are probably that kind of woman who cares about what her hair has to say about her, not that it is wrong, everyone should! Well, the good news is you don’t have to leave your home with your hair a total wreck because I have just the thing for you, the guide to getting yourself the "best hair straightening cream".
Not only will I tell you what hair straightening creams are, but I will also tell you why they’re good to consider (the at-home option) and how to use them, thus guide you to getting yourself one that works for you.
What’s A Hair Straightening Cream?
A hair straightening is an artificially synthesised product designed by chemical engineers specifically for the care of your hair. The hustle of dealing with unruly and frizzy hair made it especially important for the development of this product.
This need has evolved to include hair care for everyone with any type of hair condition. With the best kind of hair straightening cream suited for you, you get to look great in whatever hairstyle you choose to achieve, nourish and care for your hair.
For someone with a busy schedule, spending time on hair care is near impossibility, hair creams make it easier to maintain your hair especially when it comes to dealing with curly hair or those with the frizz problem.
Here Is Why It’s A Good Idea To Consider Hair Straightening Creams.
This at-home treatment option is your best chance because:
#1. Hair straightening creams have chemotherapeutic agents. The chemicals in them offer better alternatives to using heat constantly during your hair straightening sessions. These medically approved chemicals have been found to have longer-lasting effects than heat.
#2. They are capable of improving the quality of your hair. They alter the structure of your hair thus making it straight and smooth which minimizes time taken to get presentable.
#3. These creams are anti-frizz agents that smoothen the hair cuticle which also makes the hair shine and curls-free.
#4. Saves you the time and energy for a constant salon hustle.
However, say you actually get to consider getting yourself a hair straightening cream, do you know how to use it? Perhaps one of my favourite hair straightening processes includes this.
How To Use Hair Straightening Creams.
- Ensure your hair is washed first before using the cream of your choice. Once you are all washed up, take a clean towel and scrunch your hair in it to get rid of excess water leaving it just a tad damp. You could then lightly brush it to disentangle it and ensure that there are no knots formed.
- Take a small amount of the cream, spread it gently on your palms starting from the head and proceeding to the hair tips. Running your fingers through your hair ensures that the product is spread evenly. Starting with small amounts gives you a chance to build up on the product use in the event that the first scoop was not enough.
- Grab a shampoo brush and brush your hair with it as it spreads the product more evenly.
- Into 3 or 4 portions, section the creamed hair. You can use pins to secure the portions.
- Next comes the blow drying part. Put a round brush at the bottom of your hair (starting with any section you want) then begin blow drying. The round brush can be rolled towards the hair tips as you blow dry with the heat of the dryer activating and setting the cream as it falls on it. Repeat this process for all hair sections until all the hair is completely dry.
All in all, be sure to read the instructions of each cream before use on the packaging material. This is because different kinds of cream all have different chemical syntheses.
Maintaining Your Straightened Hair From The Comfort Of Your Home.
Congratulations! Your salon-straight hair is now dry and can be styled however you want. However, knowing how to use hair creams also means knowing how to maintain that cream-straightened hair. Some of the general tips that can be used to maintain your straightened hair, even at the comfort of your home are;
- Oil the straightened hair regularly to help nourish and strengthen it deep within.
- Ensure washing is done thoroughly coupled with using a conditioner to ensure that the scalp is clean to keep away hair problems.
- Moderate use of hair straightening creams since excessive use causes your hair to be brittle. Ensure to follow the general instructions that come on the product’s packaging.
- A leave-in conditioner can be used once in a while to care for your hair.
- Disentangle your hair by using wide-tooth combs.
- You could do well to avoid chemical-based shampoos that are harsh. An easy way to determine them is to check in the packaging information for the following constituent chemicals; parabens, sodium laureth sulfate (SLES) and sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS).
- Find time to go in for a professional’s treat at a hair spa once a month in the least.
- Ensure that the hair straightening products that you use are only for that purpose.
- In case you are considering other hair treatment processes like colouring, it would be prudent to consult the expertise of a hairdresser first.
Factors To Consider When Buying Hair Straightening Creams.
Not that you know why it’s great to consider getting a hair straightening cream, how to use them and how to maintain that cream-straightened hair, acquiring hair straightening creams should not be much of a challenge. It is important to consider that in terms of;
Most of the creams are easily affordable, therefore, do not need a lot of budgeting for unlike considering salon hair straightening conditioners, the likes of Japanese Hair Straightening (JHS) and Brazilian Keratin Treatment (BKT). The trips to the salon and tips for the stylists are added expenses that can easily be avoided.
#2. Commitment Level
These use-at-home creams require constant commitment when it comes to the everyday hustle of hair straightening. Most of them last temporarily unlike the salon treatments that can go for up to 30 days. There are, however, those creams that last longer than other but hair maintenance is still the kind of daily commitment you want to maintain for the sake of your hair.
#3. Risk Tolerance
They are less potent compared to JHS and BKT though they still contain some vanillin which donate formaldehyde ions whereas JHS and BKT have formaldehyde constituents.
Formaldehyde is what makes the hair brittle, which comes as a result of using hair creams all the time.
Since they are chemical based, moderated use, through following label instructions is important.Another risk factor is the personal experience. Lack of experience, an expert’s opinion or improper hair care when using hair straightening creams may end up with backfired results.
#4. Processing History
They require zero to minimal processing conditions such as colouring since the different chemicals in the cream and for other processes may combine to give a hazardous result.
If your hair probably has a colouring history, it may be prudent to consider using the cream after a certain time interval to allow the effects of the previous chemicals to wash away.
#5. Type Of Hair
Hair straightening creams are best used for curly and frizzy hair. These types of hair form a relationship of sorts with hair straightening creams since they have such noticeable effects should you choose to use hair straightening creams.
Fine straight hair does not necessarily require hair straightening creams since a brush and a good hair dryer will do the trick just fine.
Top 4 Best Hair Straightening Creams Reviews
This innovatively new Shiseido Crystallizing Straight H1+H2 product in an easy-to-use packaging is specifically designed to improve hair’s shine, softness and feel while at the same time straighten curly hair.
More is that all these effects by this product add a certain bounce to your hair, enhancing your look. This product is the latest development of the Shiseido Professional from Japan. Both the H1 and the H2 are 400g each.
- A hair straightening cream.
- It is an anti-freeze product.
- A hair moisturizer.
- Nourishes the hair.
- It is a permanent hair straightening cream for up to 8 months.
- Can be used on colour treated hair.
- Can be used on coarse hair.
- Takes one hour to set in.
The John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Crème is a 5-ounce cream guaranteed to smoothen up your hair strands, giving them that shiny-new look and an up to 24 hours protection against damage. If used correctly, this cream could end up giving your hair a soft texture and aligned strands.
- Lightweight cream that fits anywhere.
- Comes in an easy to use packaging.
- Moisturises, aligns and smoothens hair strands for the silky touch.
- Comes with a ThemaGuard@ Complex.
- Constitutes Milk Protein and Sweet Almond Oil formula for a great smelling hair.
- Doesn’t do a perfect job of hair straightening.
- Doesn’t work well with hair dryers.
The L’Oréal Paris Smooth Intense Xtreme Straight Crème brings with it a 72-hour smooth frizz-free control. The 5.1 FL Oz cream packed with oleo keratin does penetrate your hair ensuring that it is silky-smooth, well-nourished and straight.
- 5.1 fl oz.
- Smells great.
- Leaves your hair straight, shiny and frizz free.
- Makes your hair soft and silky.
- It is oil based.
- Temporarily-lasting effects.
- Very thick making it hard to work through the hair
The LISCIO Crystal Cream Straighteners and Neutralizer-Normal is a Formaldehyde free hair cream designed by Japanese professionals to add an extra shine to your hair while giving it a smooth texture at the same time. The Milbon product is designed for the hard-to-manage and curly hair with effects that last 6-8 months.
- Used on normal to any Damaged Hair.
- For a soft and a shiny finish.
- 14.1 oz.
- Can be used for any-textured hair condition.
- Has longer-lasting effects with a twice a year only retouch.
- Sets in, in 45 minutes.
- An anti-frizz hair straightening cream.
- Requires a 2-hour service time.
- Burns the hair if not used correctly.
Wrapping It Up
While it cannot be emphasised enough, be sure to read all the instruction labels that come in the packaging of these cream products.
This at-home hair treatment option could be your best solution providing an easily reliable guide to managing any hair condition at the comfort of your home. Most of them are light-weight offering portability on the go and are packaged in easy to use packaging.
That being said, my best kind of cream recommendation would be the Shiseido Crystallizing Straight H1+H2 that offers hair nourishment, seals in moisture, has an anti-frizz capability and longer lasting effects all at once.
The Shiseido cream would be great for any-processed hair of any hair condition. The Japanese professionals certainly had your curly and frizzy hair (the like-a-model objective) in mind when coming up with this kind of product.
You should now be well on your way to getting yourself the "best hair straightening cream" product suitable for you.