The Best Quiet Hair Dryer Of 2019: 5 Reviews And Ultimate Guide
Your ears are magnificent organs that collect sound from your environment and then send the sound to your brain so that they can be processed. It is thus important to protect your hearing because without it you will find it hard to survive in this world.
This is why a quiet hair dryer is such a good device to have. We have reviewed for you some of the best quiet hair dryers available on the market so as to have an easy time while trying to pick the best brand for yourself.
Most people always forget that they are putting their ears at risk when they are styling their hair using those loud hair dryers. You don’t want to have a loud hammering motor in your ears all day.
Apart from damaging your hearing, you also run the risk of irritating those around you. For your sake and the sake of those around you, get yourself a quiet hair dryer so that babies and husbands can sleep peacefully while you wield these machines!
Top 5 Best Quiet Hair Dryer Reviews
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Centrix Q-Zone Dryer is a small and compact hair dryer and is among some of the very light hair dryers you can possibly buy. It features ionic ceramic tourmaline technologies that help to keep your hair healthy and shiny all the time.
It comes with four attachments that are connected to the front of this device, and they include the concentrator tool, the diffuser, a pick attachment and a power booster attachment.
- 1500 Watts.
- Dual cool switch locations.
- Variable speed switches.
- High-performance motor.
- Concentrator attachment.
- Ionic ceramic technology.
- It is ultra-lightweight.
- Dries your hair very fast and evenly.
- It is very easy to handle.
- It will help keep your hair healthy and strong since it features a powerful heating technology.
- The concentrator tool that comes with it allows you to direct the air flow of the dryer to certain parts of your hair.
- The pick attachment will allow you to comb your hair and style it as you dry it using the blow dryer.
- It is the only blow dryer that has a power booster tool.
- It is very quiet.
- It is quite expensive.
If you are looking for a top brand hair dryer that is quiet and classy, then this BIO IONIC Whisper Light Pro-Dryer is among some of the best blow dryers that you can ever find. It is an ionic-based dryer that will give your hair a shiny and smooth silky look. It uses nanolonic mineral to help moisturise and smoothen your hair.
- Low noise operation.
- Ionic technology.
- Styling nozzle attachment.
- It has three heat settings which include high, low and cool.
- It is a great salon performer.
- The whisper Light pro-dryer operates at low noise levels.
- It moisturises, dries and conditions your hair very fast thanks to its Nano-Ionic Hybrid Mineral technology.
- It is easy to hold and carry anywhere.
- Cleaning it is very super easy since the filters are removable.
- It emits zero EMF making it environmentally friendly.
- It is quite expensive.
- Has Low airflow.
This hair dryer is powered by T3 Tourmaline +SoftAire technology, and this explains why it has won “Best of” awards from Allure Magazine. It is perfect for all types of hair from the normal ones to the demanding types of hair that are long and thick. It stands out from the typical dryers because it uses a fan that is specially designed to produce a large amount of air that is weaved through the dryer at a moderate speed.
- Powerful long lasting motor.
- Outstanding T3 ion generator.
- Ergonomic slant handle.
- 2.5 inches Tourmaline ceramic brush.
- Blowing your hair using T3 Featherweight Luxe 2I Dryer will leave your hair soft, frizz free and smooth.
- It has a quicker drying time due to its powerful motor.
- The ion generator enables it to quickly neutralise the static charges that may build up in your hair as you blow it.
- It dries your hair faster by delivering a high volume of ion-enriched air.
- It also distributes infrared heat to dry your hair fast and strong.
- It has a hang-up ring that allows you to store it easily.
- It is lightweight and quiet.
- It has 2 speeds and 3 heat settings.
- It is not hot enough for those who are used to really hot dryers.
- It has a high price tag although its high-tech features make it worth every dollar.
With 1200 watts of power, T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer boasts of excellent results with full sized dryer features that are packed into a travel-sized frame. It has T3 Tourmaline SoftAire technology that is built into it that enables it to emit a large quantity of ions. These ions in its air outflow enable this dryer to dry large amounts of air rapidly.
- Dual voltage.
- Scratch resistant surface.
- 2 speeds and heat settings.
- Storage tote
- It has a cool feature that is nice to have as it enables you to have a continuous supply of cool air.
- It has a long power cord that is 9-foot long hence making it unnecessary to be next to a power socket every time you want to blow your hair.
- It weighs about 0.9 pounds hence very light.
- It has an attractive finish that gives it a quality feel.
- Its ionic technology enables it to lock your hair's own moisture and prevent frizz.
- It has a folding handle that makes it good very easy to carry around.
- Its nozzle does not stay in place.
- It is weaker than its full-sized model.
This is an ultra-lightweight professional hair dryer that is designed to dry your hair evenly and very fast. It has a moisture locking technology that keeps your hair moisturised and prevents frizz. It boasts of a powerful AC motor that makes it perfect for daily use. It is ideal for all hair types since it has a nano-fuzeion technology to give your hair an unmatched conditioning shine.
- Adjustable temperature control.
- Advanced Positive Temperature Frequency Control.
- Exclusive Proprietary Nano-Fuzeion Technology.
- Anti-slip grip handle.
- It is ideal for all hair types since it offers the widest range of temperatures.
- It has a quiet motor that makes it operate at low noise levels.
- It dries your hair faster by reducing hair drying time by 50%.
- It has dual air setting to give you a fast even air flow.
- It is very light
- It produces gentle infrared heat that prevents your hair from getting damaged.
- It dries your hair evenly.
- It has a long power cord that is approximately 9 feet long.
- It is quite expensive.
Why Should You Buy A Quiet Hair Dryer?
Why quiet hair dryers? You may ask. Well, using quiet hair dryers comes with a lot of advantages and almost ladies should ensure that they purchase them.
> Reduce the risk of hearing loss
Many doctors recommend that you should not be exposed to sounds of 80 decibels and above for a very long time. This is simply because doing so can be very harmful to your hearing.
Can you imagine using a loud hair dryer that will expose your ears to loud noise for about 15-30 minutes that you spend preparing your hair? If you have a quiet hair dryer, you can spend as much time as you want to dry your hair without worrying about suffering from a hearing loss.
> Eliminates rude awakenings
Unless you live alone, then you should not be worried about this. But the chances are that you live with other people like your husband, children, relative or even a roommate. These people you live with do not want to hear you dry your hair at 5 a.m in the morning; this is why you need a quiet hair dryer. A quiet hair dryer will enable you to dry your hair without waking anyone.
> Calm and peaceful
When using a quiet hair dryer then you can be sure that you will start your day in a calm and peaceful manner having styled your hair. This is because you will wake up and style your hair without the irritating noise that is not very comfortable to hear.
> You can hear yourself when you talk
A quiet hair dryer will allow you to converse with other people even as you dry your hair due to the reduced noise levels. This will eliminate the need of repeatedly switching off the hair dryer to hear what other people are telling you. If you are a young mother then will also come in handy when you want to hear your baby cry while you are drying your hair.
> AC motors
AC motors are usually very quiet, and that is the reason why they are used in most quiet hair dryers. The noise coming from a dryer that uses an AC motor is normally reduced. The AC motors are normally very light as well making the hair dryer to be light so that one can dry her hair for long without the arms getting fatigued.
Best Quiet Hair Dryer Buying Guide
To confirm that a hair dryer is quiet, you need to check its decibel level. If the decibel level is below 85, then you can consider yourself safe, but ideally, it should be around 60. In case you are not very comfortable using the sound measurement method, then you can bet on a lower wattage even though majority of lower wattage dryers do not dry the hair faster. If these two parameters still don't work for you then check the reviews by other customers.
Extra Features To Look For When Buying A Quiet Hair Dryer
The type of quiet hair dryer you choose will play a major role in determining the appearance of your hair. From drying your hair to making your hair look sleek and supple with a lot of styling options, a quality hair dryer will suit your needs. Below are 5 things you should consider if you want to choose the best quiet hair dryer model.
1. Hair dryer wattage
Most hair dryers have wattages that range from 1300 to 1900 watts. Thick and coarse hair needs dryers that are on the stronger end in terms of wattage, between 1700 to 1900 watts. If you have thin hair, then a hair dryer that has lower wattage will be best for you so that your hair is not damaged. Generally, hair dryers with higher wattages dry hair very fast as compared to those with low wattages.
2. Heating element
Due to the advancement of technology, nowadays hair dryers have a state-of-the-art heating technology. This has made styling hair to be very easy and fast. When you want to buy a hair dryer with the best heating element, then you need to go for ionic models that have their heating elements made of ceramics. This is because coils that are made of ceramic heat very evenly and very fast.
Ionic hair dryers help to prevent frizz and flyaway by emitting negative ions that neutralise the positive charges that cause the hair to frizz. You should, therefore, go for ionic hair dryers models that feature tourmaline. This is because they emit negative ions in large numbers as compared to the regular ionic models.
3. The range of the hair dryer temperature
Most hair dryers offer several temperature settings which include more than one heat options together with a cool shot option. In order to have more flexibility when you are styling and drying your hair, you need to go for a hair dryer that has more temperature settings.
When your hair is damp and a little wet, you will need a lower heat setting to dry and straighten it without damaging it. When your hair is dry, you will need a higher heat setting.
4. Styling attachments
The best quiet hair dryers come with styling attachments like concentrators straightening picks and diffusers. These attachments allow you to style your hair very comfortably. For example, the concentrator allows you to dry your hair effectively by focusing heat in one area. Diffusers help to make your hair look bouncy by taming the frizz.
Although these attachments can be bought separately, attachments that are designed for a particular model will always give you the best styling options since they fit and work properly.
5. Portability and comfort
A good hair dryer that you can carry around with you whenever you are travelling should be lightweight with a foldable handle and a retractable cord. The hair dryer should also be comfortable in your hand when you hold it. The handle should have an ergonomic design so that it is easy to grip.
Since there are several brands of hair dryers available in most shops, choosing the best brand may be overwhelming. However, you don’t have to go through the trouble of trying to find out the best quiet hair dryer for your hair since I have already done that for you. You can therefore choose form the 5 best quiet hair dryers that we have reviewed for you.
When it comes to my take on the best quiet hair dryer, I would recommend the Centrix Q-Zone Dryer. This is because it has a high performance motor that makes it dry your hair very fast. It also the quietest and the lightest of the hair dryers and is the only brand that we have reviewed that has a concentrator attachment.
>>> Read More: