Can I Dye my Hair Twice in One Week? Learn More About the Process
You might have just dyed your hair recently, but then you feel that it can be improved to something better. It is the reason you would find some people ending up to try and dye their hair twice in just one week! If you are not sure about dyeing your hair more often, you will find it hard to make such a decision.
"Can I dye my hair twice in one week?" would be a common question among many people looking to have great looks all the time, but still making sure the hair is not affected to a point it starts to break.
How Long To Wait Before Coloring Hair
There is no doubt that coloring the hair can be quite an exciting affair. You will feel that you have a new look that most people would desire. The problem is when you end up feeling that the style you just got is not what you had paid for. Well, it might make you rethink about the new style and color. You might even end up looking forward to change the dye in your hair.
It is quite debatable on how long a person has to wait when it comes to changing the hair, but what most people agree on is not doing it within the same week. You cannot simply just change the hair color twice in a week; it will have some effects on your hair.
The general rule is that you have to wait for a minimum of four weeks before you can change the dye. Sometimes you can even go up to 6 weeks just to make sure you do not end up doing some damage to your hair.
Reasons Why You Should Wait
Whenever someone is told to wait even for longer, they might think it is just not true. They might not want to keep the hair color for any additional day with them. The first reason you might want to consider not to keep on changing the hair color is because of the damage it can do to your hair.
During dyeing, your hair is exposed to some hard chemicals all the time. It would not be wise to expose the same hair to another set of chemicals when it just faced one in a few days ago.
For someone with hair that is prone to breaking, there is no doubt that you would want to take good care of it. Make sure that you give your hair a chance to repair itself before you can color it again. If you are not careful, you might end up with more split ends and hair breakage if you keep on dyeing more often.
Benefits of Dyeing The Hair
As much as dyeing the hair might have its effects on your hair, it would be great also to have it once in a while. Below are some of the benefits you can expect to see with the dyeing of hair.
- It helps improve your hair looks and styles. Depending on the type of dye you choose, you will always end up looking great.
- Dyes are cheap and also easy to use. You do not always have to use a salon to look great. You can have your home treatment dye kit and keep yourself from spending even a lot more.
- The best thing with dyes is that you can end up customizing your shades to something that you like. The best thing is to check around and see what people are using before you can now have yours.
Important Tips For Dyeing The Hair
- It is all about making the right decision from the start. This should help avoid recoloring your hair sooner than expected. Start out slow by using some of the common shades that resemble your hair before using other colors.
- It is advisable to never apply the color from the roots to ends. If you end up coloring the hair that had previously been dyed, you will just make it even weaker or damage it completely.
- You can keep your hair color from fading fast by opting for products, which are rated to be great for chemically treated hair
- In case you have to use shampoo, you should use the one without any chemicals. Such type of shampoo should help your hair last longer.