How To Get Vaseline Out Of Hair? All You Need To Know
"How to get vaseline out of hair?". Vaseline has a ton of health benefits you will be able to take advantage of. Not only will it be great on your body, but it can also beautify your skin and hair! But if you put too much vaseline, it can end up getting stuck and feeling uncomfortable.
No one would want to go out with their hair looking too gelled up and oily. What makes it worse is that it can be difficult to completely take out if you don't know how to do it.
I know how frustrating it can be, so I'll be showing you how to get vaseline out of hair.
Why Learning How To Get Vaseline Out Of Hair Is Important
While vaseline can help beautify your skin and hair, it can also stick to your hair easily. And that isn't a good thing!
Adding too much vaseline to your hair will have it cling onto it, making it difficult to remove. It can happen several times, and it becomes a waste of time and effort attempting to remove it through just plain water. Plus, having it done at a salon can be a waste of money.
That's why it's important to learn how to get vaseline out of hair properly, to help save money and have it done right at home.
We all know that vaseline is used to treat a lot of hair conditions, so if you happen to put in too much, you won't need to call for help or waste time out of your routine attempting to take it out. With these simple methods, you'll have it out in no time!
What You Need To Get Vaseline Out Of Hair
Getting vaseline out of your hair is very easy and takes little time and money to do so. Some of the materials you need can be found right in the comforts of your own home! There are various effective ways on how to get vaseline out of hair.
Here are the things you will need to prepare when doing so:
- Clarifying or baby shampoo: You will also be able to use other types of strong shampoo your hair is used to, so long as it helps remove grease or oil.
- Cornstarch: You can substitute this for baby powder.
- Natural Oils: You can use various healthy oils for your hair, such as coconut, olive, or jojoba oil & you should visit Adviserify.com blog which would help you with more amazing ideas for your skin care.
- Baking soda
- Soft facial tissue
- Hot Water
- Soft Towel
- Liquid dish soap with a DEGREASER
- Liquid laundry detergent
Fortunately, you can find any of these materials needed to get vaseline out of hair from your home! If not, you can purchase any of these from a quick trip to your local grocery store.
How To Get Vaseline Out Of Hair
Like mentioned, there are a lot of ways on how to get vaseline out of hair. Unfortunately, not all of them are effective and can be time-consuming. To help you save up on all those aspects, here are our top five ways on how to get vaseline out of hair efficiently:
1. Blot And Comb It Out
Before you try to remove all the vaseline overall, it's best to slowly blot it out to make it easier.
You can get a lot of the vaseline out of your hair through paying it dry using an absorbent paper towel. Not only will it make removing it easier, but you won't need to use a lot of products or chemicals on your hair to get the vaseline out.
Pat it carefully and make sure that the paper towels get as much vaseline as possible. Use a hairdryer to help make the paper towel absorb the vaseline easier.
2. Comb Your Hair
If ever you have globs of vaseline in your hair, combing it out will reduce it.
After every brush of the hair, wipe off your comb to avoid spreading the vaseline. You can pair this with more patting of paper towels.
3. Use Dry Ingredients
There are some powders that will be able to absorb oils and jellies, such as cornstarch, baking powder, or baby powder.
- Apply a generous amount of it onto the affected parts of your hair, patting it slowly. Don't rub it, as it may damage your hair or skin. Also, avoid inhaling the powders, as it may affect your sinuses or lungs. Use a face mask if you have one.
- Once the powder is settled, let it sit for a few minutes to absorb the vaseline.
- Rinse your hair with warm water, using clarifying shampoo. DON'T use cold water, as this may thicken the vaseline. We recommend you to shampoo twice. It will help reduce the amount of vaseline.
Make sure you rinsed your hair well, removing all powder, vaseline, and shampoo. Dry your hair with a towel. Pat and blot it.
- If you still feel some vaseline residue after a day, repeat the process. Let your hair rest after the powder and shampoo application, so there will be less chance of damage.
4. Use Wet Ingredients: Natural Oils
This is where natural oils come along. You may think oil makes your vaseline-covered hair worse, but it will actually dissolve the jelly! It will help absorb the vaseline and make it easier to rinse out. Plus, natural oils help with your hair and skin.
- Just like what you do with powder or dry ingredients, apply a generous amount of oil to your hair. Massage it slowly and gently. After that, wring all the oil and vaseline you can.
- Wash your hair two times with warm water and a clarifying shampoo. Rinse it well and pat it dry with a towel.
>>> Read More: 10 Incredible Benefits Of Using Olive Oil For Eyelashes
5. Use Wet Ingredients: Liquid Dishwashing Soap With Degreaser Or Soft Laundry Detergent
If you have no natural oils available, then you may try using detergent. While it won't do wonders for your hair and skin, it's an effective way to remove vaseline from your hair.
- Use the detergent like shampoo, massaging it into your hair and rinsing it well. Be careful not to put any detergent into your eyes to avoid any accidents or injury. Repeat the shampooing process two times, then pat your hair dry with a towel.
- Use a conditioner right after, as the detergent will have removed all natural oils from your hair as well.
If you happen to have vaseline stuck in your hair, you now know what to do to take it out! Hopefully, this article taught you how to get vaseline out of hair properly.
Not only will it have you save a lot of time and effort, but you won't spend oodles in the salon trying to fix it. These simple remedies are easy to do and will have you looking beautiful in no time.
So what are you waiting for? If you're stuck in a jam and have vaseline in your hair, then try these methods to help get it out quickly.
>>> Read More: