5 Methods To Achieve Permanent Skin Lightening
If you have always struggled with the appearance of your skin, perhaps from pigmentation, birthmarks or dark marks, you will probably have heard all about permanent skin lightening, or bleaching.
Now, before you jump into this drastic measure and start scheduling appointments, we think it’s important to consider it carefully and really do your research.
Why do you want to lighten your skin? It’s important to ask yourself that question, because we know there are many potential reasons.
Do you look in the mirror and hate what you see? Why do you feel that way? What is it that you dislike? If it’s the actual colour of your skin, you should be thinking more along the lines of loving who you are!
If you are looking at a perceived problem, however, such as an imbalance in colour, or hyperpigmentation, then permanent skin lightening could be a good answer to your problem.
Permanent Skin Lightening Techniques To Try
In order to go down the permanent skin lightening avenue, we have a few options to talk about. We would certainly recommend that you have a chat with your doctor before you do anything, but there are some natural options you can give a go, too.
Option Number 1 – Permanent Skin Lightening Creams
We will put this option first because it is probably the one you will hear the most about. Skin lightening creams shouldn’t be used lightly, they should be approached with caution, but provided you do a patch test first, and you follow the instructions, you should be fine.
The best permanent skin lightening creams are available on prescription from your doctor, and you should follow the advice given to you with regards to how often to use them – they do differ, so we can’t really give you a solid answer here.
You use permanent skin lightening creams in pretty much the same way, however.
- Wash your skin carefully and thoroughly, in order to get rid of built up dirt and open up your skin pores to make the treatment more effective.
- Exfoliate your skin and rinse clean with lukewarm water – pat dry, don’t rub.
- Apply the cream with your fingertips, being careful not to get it anywhere near your eyes or the skin around your eyes – gently rub the cream into your skin with circular movements
Option Number 2 – Yogurt as a Natural Method
Okay, we know that yogurt tastes wonderful and it’s great for your health, but aside from that, it can be used as a permanent skin lightening tool! We don’t, however, recommend licking the mixture from your skin as you apply it!
There are a few ways you can use yogurt as a permanent skin lightening method:
- Simply apply natural yogurt to your skin and leave it there for a few minutes. Once finished, wash the yogurt off with warm water. You should repeat this every day for a few weeks.
- You could mix together natural yogurt with honey (one tablespoon yogurt, to half a tablespoon of honey) and apply it as a mask. You should leave it in place for around 15 minutes before washing it off. We recommend making this part of your daily routine.
- Alternatively, make yourself a beneficial face mask, using yogurt, lemon juice and oatmeal.
Option Number 3 – A Zingy Permanent Skin Lightening Effect With Oranges
Oranges aren’t just a delicious snack or something to add to your favourite beverage, they’re also fantastic for your skin too!
We know that oranges are full of vitamin C and that this is great for your overall health, but did you know that oranges also have skin bleaching properties which can work to have a very effective permanent skin lightening effect? It’s true!
Check out this video to give you a bit more information and inspiration on the subject.
Try these few ideas:
- Mix together orange juice and powdered turmeric. Basically, we would suggest measurements of two tablespoons of the orange juice, with just a small amount of the turmeric, just a pinch.
- Get a little workout at the same time with this suggestion! You need to grind up some orange peel, into a small and very fine powder. This mixture should then be combined with yogurt, around one tablespoon, to give almost an exfoliating kind of mask.
Option Number 4 – Get Some Permanent Lightening Effectiveness With Gram Flour
Gram flour has been around for years in cooking, but it has also been a staple in the holistic beauty world too.
Basically gram flour is packed with vitamins and minerals, and we love it for creating glowing face masks. Aside from this gram flour also has lightening effects when you use it every other day.
- Mix together a small amount of gram flour with some lukewarm water until it forms a rather thick type of paste mixture
- Apply to your skin plentifully and then leave it until it dries completely. We know, it feels strange, but bear with it!
- Wash the mixture off with warm water
- Pat dry
- Repeat every two days
Check out this video for a few other gram flour ideas.
Option Number 5 – Lemon Is Your Permanent Skin Lightening Friend
We used to lighten our hair in the 80s and 90s with lemon juice, so it makes sense that there are some serious bleaching effects that this powerful citrus fruit holds!
Basically, lemon is a natural lightener, whilst also being packed with plentiful vitamin C, which encourages your skin cells to regenerate and grow.
You can apply lemon juice to your skin in several different ways, but we should certainly mention one thing – never apply lemon juice to any area where you have a cut - believe us, it’s painful!
Check out this video for a few lemon ideas, but also try these suggestions:
- If you are only wanting to lighten a small area, we recommend simply dipping a cotton wool ball into lemon juice and applying it this way.
- Alternatively, cut a lemon in half and rub it over your skin. You should leave this on your skin for about an hour before washing it off. We suggest repeating this daily.
- Create a daily face mask out of three teaspoons of lemon juice and turmeric powder, just one teaspoon. Apply this to your skin and then let it rest for about 30 minutes. Once the time as passed, wash it off and pat dry.
Skin lightening or bleaching isn’t something you should jump into lightly, but if you are considering trying it out for an area of your skin you’re just not happy with, we’d certainly recommend you try one of the natural methods first.
On top of this check out the potential side effects, so you know what to look for in the event of a problem.
Life is a little too short to deal with problems that you simply can’t accept, and if you have a noticeable darkening to your skin in a certain area, or you have a birthmark that you just can’t avoid looking at, there are many permanent skin lightening methods you can try, many of which have a lot of proven success.
You only have to open your kitchen cupboard to find the ingredients for many of our natural methods!
| Read More: